If your New Orleans, LA house is facing foreclosure and you want to avoid it, or if you want to sell your New Orleans house fast for a different reason (you inherited a house, relocating and need to sell, lost your job, agent can’t sell your house, etc.), then one of your best options to consider is finding someone to buy your New Orleans, LA house for cash.
When you do this, you profit by improving your credit and you also get extra money in your account. Your credit score is an vital part of your financial life and will remain untainted because you will have settled your debt in time. You can then use the extra cash from your sale in other projects. However, it’s important that you study the prevailing market conditions. Figure out the factors that will likely influence your home’s value before selling it. Remember, you will lose your house and your credit rating when your house is foreclosed on.
Buy my New Orleans, LA house for cash: The Plan
The first thing you should do is to come up with a game plan in order to sell your New Orleans house fast to someone with a “buy my New Orleans ,LA house for cash” mentality.
Your real estate agent should help you come up with this. As you get in touch with an agent who is knowledgeable about the sale of such properties in your area, make sure to negotiate with your lender. To help you figure out the right price for your house, the agent should have the latest report on property values.
1. How fast do you need to sell?
This an important first decision to make because this lays out the options that you actually have. If you have more time, you have more options open.
If you have less time, you have fewer options, but great options nonetheless.
If you want to sell in 2 months or less, you probably don’t have time to list your house with an agent. If you know how to, you may need to attempt to sell the house yourself, or you can sell your house to a local professional house buyer like Louisiana Direct Home Buyers (call us at (504) 224-9066 and we can make you a fast-fair all-cash offer on your New Orleans area house).
2. How much do you need to sell your New Orleans house for?
Notice above that it says, “how much do you need” to sell for. If you want full retail price but need to sell your house quickly and can’t afford a real estate agent, estimate what you need out of your house sale.
This will guide you to your true selling options.
If the amount you “need” leaves no room for a real estate agent’s commission, you may need to consider selling for-sale-by-owner, or get an offer from a local real estate house buying company like us. This could help you get closer to where you want to end up.
On the other end, if you need full-retail value and you have time to wait for a retail buyer who can pay that price, list your house on the MLS. If you don’t have time, consider speaking with us for a fast cash offer on your house (we can make you an offer in less than 24 hours and close in as little as 7 days if needed, with all cash).
3. Look into your options and take action!
Like I mentioned before, if you’re looking for someone who can say “yes”! when you ask them to “buy my New Orleans, LA house for cash”… the key things to determine yourself are:
- How fast you NEED to sell
- How much you NEED to get out of the sale
When you have the answer to these, look over the options below as a quick guide to help you decide which might work for you with your local New Orleans house sale.
- Real Estate Agent: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell and can afford the 3-6% in commissions on the sale, choosing an agent will likely get you the highest price on your property.
- Local Real Estate Investor / House Buyer: If you need to sell quickly, we can buy your New Orleans house in as little as 7 days. We won’t be able to pay full-retail on your house, but we don’t charge any fees. What we offer is what we pay you. If you value your time and a fast sale more than making a few extra bucks 6 months from now… call us today at (504) 224-9066 or click the link below to fill out our online fast offer form.
- For Sale By Owner: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell but can’t afford the 3-6% in commissions to an agent, you might consider selling it yourself.
- Talk To Your Bank: If your mortgage is “underwater” or you’re in or nearing foreclosure, your first step should be to speak with your bank to see if they have any mortgage relief programs. Some banks offer assistance or can guide you in a direction that lessens the burden.
We can help you strategize how to sell your New Orleans, LA house fast. Give us a call at (504) 224-9066 for help selling your house fast, or fill out our form to see if your property qualifies for a fast-fair all cash offer.
There are multiple reasons you may be thinking “buy my New Orleans, LA house for cash – please let it be that simple” (and it can be). Regardless of those reasons, you need to prepare your house for sale just as you would any other product. A thoughtful preparation WILL turn your home into an attractive option for buyers. You can sell your house fast and get top dollars by doing it this way.