Relocation is a complex process and requires a lot of coordination. We get local New Orleans home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in New Orleans“. The exciting thing is that we’re able to help many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in New Orleans, LA right now!).
There’s an extensive amount of details to keep in order, along with the stress of whatever is causing you to move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative – but a dramatic change always comes with the need to move.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to end up in a situation where you’re paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 6 months. That becomes expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is fairly stable right now in New Orleans, things can change quickly. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re extremely rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your New Orleans LA house fast?
Relocating and Need to Sell My House Fast in New Orleans… Your Options and Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this, contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we will give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. The basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell is set once you know what the house could sell for in the current market.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is an important one. I’ve seen professionals move out of state for a job and have their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a significantly lower price than they had hoped. Decide how quickly you need to sell your house and how long you’re willing to keep making two mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get started early so that you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait and every month that it takes to sell the house costs you money. If you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we would love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is to come up with the dollar amount of how much it will cost you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell the house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent). This totals to $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, the stress from thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company instead of selling 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide, decide and take action. If you want to go with a real estate agent, great! Find a reputable local New Orleans, LA agent. If you’d rather not wait and have to pay real estate agent commissions, then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you have a lot of time and a really great property, you may want to test the market by offering at a high price. There’s a small chance that someone might be willing to overpay if they really love the property.
In reality, most properties are pretty average. They tend to be similar to the houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly extraordinary, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t collect the most money by pricing at the highest point in market.
You can also market your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see which happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can even confuse seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed amount of time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments, or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who is Louisiana Direct Home Buyers and How Can We Help You if You’re Relocating And Need To Sell in New Orleans?
We’re investors. We support our families and improve neighborhoods by buying houses from New Orleans home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
We’re passionate people, and we believe in the New Orleans community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your New Orleans real estate, so please feel free to call us at (504) 500-5608 and chat with us anytime.